Andrei Sirabionian is counsel in the Capital Markets and Securities Group. Andrei has represented foreign and domestic issuers, underwriters and investors in a broad range of public and private securities transactions, including initial and secondary public offerings and Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings of equity and debt. He also advises public companies with respect to ’34 Act reporting requirements, corporate governance matters, stock exchange rules and ongoing securities law compliance. Andrei also has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions.
Andrei received a B.A. in Business/Economics from UCLA, and a J.D. from the Northwestern University School of Law.
Recent significant experience includes:
- Represented Ocean Rig UDW Inc. in connection with its merger with Transocean Ltd., in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $2.7 billion, inclusive of Ocean Rig’s debt.
- Represented Euronav NV in connection with its merger with Gener8 Maritime Inc., which created a combined entity with assets in excess of $4.0 billion.
- Represented Ocean Rig UDW Inc., as securities counsel, in the $3.7 billion restructuring of its balance sheet.
- Represented a public shipping company in its recapitalization through a series of PIPE and equity line transactions for an aggregate of $736.4 million of its common shares, preferred shares and warrants.
- Represented Navig8 Crude Tankers Inc. in its business combination with General Maritime Corporation to create Gener8 Maritime Inc., which at the time of the transaction was the largest owner of modern Eco VLCCs.
- Represented a public shipping company in its Rule 144A offering of $402.5 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes.
- Represented Ardmore Shipping Inc. in connection with its initial public offering (“IPO”) and other capital raising transactions in an aggregate value of over $250 million.
- Represented Visa Inc. in its IPO which at the time was the largest IPO in U.S. history.
- Represented clients in the entertainment, software and payments industry in a number of financing related transactions including IPOs, follow on equity offerings, high yield debt and convertible debt transactions.
- Represented numerous investors and issuers in private placement financing transactions, including PIPE transactions.