Hoyoon Nam is a partner in the Corporate Finance Group at Seward & Kissel.
He primarily devotes his time to the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in connection with bank financing and restructuring transactions with a particular focus on matters of interest to clients in the transportation industry. He is experienced in other corporate transactional matters ranging from securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and corporate governance matters.
Hoyoon is qualified in New York, England and Wales and the Marshall Islands; he has previously practiced law with an international law firm in London and New York.
Hoyoon regularly represents on a pro bono basis The Seamen’s Church Institute, an organization serving mariners through education, pastoral care and legal advocacy, in connection with its general corporate matters.
Hoyoon enjoys writing for industry and academic publications and routinely gives lectures and presentations on developments in the transportation industry. He is also a contributor to Seward & Kissel’s Maritime Blog.
Hoyoon received a B.A. from Williams College, cum laude, and a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law.
Recent representations include:
- DNB Bank ASA in connection with a $130 million credit facility to SEACOR Marine Holdings Inc.
- Dynagas LNG Partners LP in connection with its $480 million term loan B facility
- Eagle Shipping LLC in connection with its $275 million first lien and $60 million second lien financing transactions collateralized by Eagle’s fleet of ships
- BNP Paribas in connection with a credit facility up to $300 million extended to American Shipping Company
- Nordea Bank Finland plc in connection with term and revolving credit facilities up to $148 million extended to Baltic Trading Limited
- Star Bulk Carriers Corp. in connection with a credit facility supporting the $635 million acquisition of Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.