Jack Rotenstein is an associate in the Business Transactions Group of Seward & Kissel LLP.
Jack works with public and private companies, private equity firms, financial institutions, and individual business owners in connection with a variety of U.S and cross-border business transactions and general corporate matters. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, securities offerings, and general corporate representation and counseling, in a wide range of industries.
Jack received a B.A., summa cum laude, from Yeshiva University in 1997, and a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2002, where he served as an Editor of the Journal of Law and Social Problems.
Jack has advised clients on numerous significant transactions, including:
- Represented Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM) in various transactions, including its (i) $6.5 billion acquisition of WellChoice, Inc., the parent company of Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, (ii) $4.7 billion divestiture of its NextRx pharmacy benefits management business to Express Scripts, Inc. and (iii) acquisition of American Imaging Management, Inc.
- Represented Barclays PLC (LSE: BARC) in numerous transactions, including the sale of its (i) U.S. Wealth and Investment Management business to Stifel Financial Corp. and (ii) direct market making business on the N.Y.S.E. to Global Trading Systems.
- Represented hedge fund Appaloosa Management in numerous transactions, including its (i) $14 billion acquisition of Delphi Corporation and (ii) $750 million acquisition of Dana Corporation.
- Represented Subsea 7 Inc. (OSE: SUBC) in connection with its $5.4 billion merger with Acergy S.A.
- Represented hedge fund Ziff Brothers Investments in numerous transactions.
- Represented Pilot Travel Centers LLC in connection with its $5 billion merger with Flying J Inc.
- Represented private equity fund Harvest Partners in numerous transactions.
- Represented private equity fund Quad-C Management in numerous transactions.
- Represented EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) in several transactions.