Click here to watch the video podcast.
In Seward & Kissel’s second Fundraising Focus episode, Investment Management Partner Kevin Neubauer speaks with Michael Keaveney, Managing Director at Capstone Partners, a leading private equity placement agent. In this episode, Michael and Kevin discuss the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on fundraising, including:
- How fundraising has evolved as a result of the pandemic (1:35)
- The fundraising timeline – from conversation to commitment (3:21)
- Which COVID-19 fundraising practices/trends are here to stay? (7:00)
- Current market trends (sectors/strategies) (9:30)
- First time fund considerations (10:55)
- LP appetite for certain strategies/sectors (14:10)
- Due diligence (15:30)
- How GPs and LPs adjusted to the remote work environment (17:44)
To listen to other Fundraising Focus episodes, click here.