The FDIC’s Brokered Deposit Proposal: Real Change and a Real Headache?
You are invited to attend a webinar on the FDIC’s December 2019 proposal to amend its brokered deposit regulations, conducted by Seward & Kissel’s Financial Services Regulatory Group. The webinar will include discussion of:
- The background and history of brokered deposit laws and regulations;
- Why brokered deposits are so important in the modern U.S. banking industry, especially in the recent crisis;
- The FDIC’s current regulatory framework, including informal guidance;
• A breakdown of the various components of the current proposal, including its limited expansion of the so-called “primary purpose exception” to deposit broker status; and
- A critique of the proposal, including both ways in which it would improve the current framework, and areas of the proposal that would benefit from clarification or changes.
Featured presenters include Seward & Kissel partner Paul T. Clark, and associates Casey Jennings and Nathan Brownback. Comments on the proposal are due to the FDIC in June.
Please click here to RSVP.
May 20, 2020
11:00 am – 12:00 pm ET