NEW YORK, NY—October 28, 2021—With supply chain complications focusing the world’s attention on the shipping industry, Seward & Kissel LLP, known globally as a leading U.S. maritime law firm, today launched a blog dedicated to maritime law and business. The Seward & Kissel Maritime Blog will cover timely legal issues, regulatory developments, and current news affecting the global maritime industry.
“Given our long history in the shipping industry and thorough understanding of it, we hope our Maritime Blog will be a valuable read for publicly traded and privately held shipowners, financial institutions, investors, and other industry players,” said Mike Timpone, partner and head of Seward & Kissel’s Transportation Finance Group and contributor to the blog.
Keith Billotti, partner and co-head of Seward & Kissel’s Maritime and Transportation Capital Markets Group and contributor to the blog, commented, “We are very excited to publish the Maritime Blog, which will offer us a meaningful platform to share with you our industry-leading experience and insights on the most cutting-edge transactions and issues in the sector.”
The Seward & Kissel Maritime Blog will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Offshore wind farms and other renewable energy sources with maritime impacts;
- U.S. capital markets and securities laws;
- Ship finance, including market trends and legal developments;
- The Jones Act, American Fisheries Act, and other U.S. regulation;
- The U.S. economic sanctions regime;
- Litigation updates on key cases ranging from traditional maritime disputes to high-stakes securities actions; and
- Issues relevant to shipowners, financial institutions, and others having interests in the Marshall Islands and other flags of convenience.
Seward & Kissel’s Maritime and Transportation practice has handled many of the world’s biggest and most innovative maritime transactions in the U.S. and around the globe. The group includes more than 40 attorneys who serve as trusted advisors to several of the world’s most prominent shipowners, financial institutions, and other industry participants. Their work covers a broad range of subject matters—including banking and finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and insolvency, tax, litigation, and regulation—allowing Seward & Kissel to provide comprehensive legal service to maritime clients.
Subscribe to the Seward & Kissel Maritime Blog here.