Kalyan (Kal) Das, Seward & Kissel Partner and Head of the Firm’s Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Practice Group, to speak at IMN’s 5th Annual ABS Tech Conference on November 20th in New York City
November 20, 2019
Details for Mr. Das’ panel can be found below:
The Generation of Online Lenders: Development of the Traditional Market
Topics to be covered include:
- Micro-economic versus macro-economic: How might the election have an effect on lending platforms such as student loans? Overview of the recent election cycle?
- How have the underwriting themes evolved throughout 2019? Have these weakened or maintained lending volumes?
- Are platforms starting to tighten their credit in anticipation of a recession? How are interest rates and tariffs affecting the market’s economic growth?
- Are we seeing increased investor participation in the whole loan pass-through transactions?
- Are we seeing a bullish tone ahead for the consumer market?
- How have traditional markets such as auto lending developed? Can alternative data help this?
- Point-of-sale financing: Are specialty finance companies (termed out cost options) going to overtake the credit card route for individual business lines?
- How does the growth of digital banks impact fintech lending?
- Kalyan (Kal) Das, Partner and Head of the Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Practice Group, Seward & Kissel LLP
- Peter Renton, Founder, Lend Academy
- David Ehrich, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Alliance for Innovative Regulation
- David Kimball, Chief Executive Officer, Prosper Marketplace, Inc.
- Jeffrey Meiler, Chief Executive Officer, Marlette Funding
- Jillian Jaccard Murrish, Chief Executive Officer, Pier Asset Management
- Michael Weisz, Founder & President, YieldStreet
For more information, please click here.
Seward & Kissel is proud to be an Associate Sponsor of this event.