Kalyan (Kal) Das, Seward & Kissel Partner and Head of the Firm’s Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Practice Group, spoke at IMN’s 5th Annual ABS Tech Conference on November 20th in New York City
November 20, 2019
Details for Mr. Das’ panel can be found below:
The Generation of Online Lenders: Development of the Traditional Market
Topics to be covered include:
- Micro-economic versus macro-economic: How might the election have an effect on lending platforms such as student loans? Overview of the recent election cycle?
- How have the underwriting themes evolved throughout 2019? Have these weakened or maintained lending volumes?
- Are platforms starting to tighten their credit in anticipation of a recession? How are interest rates and tariffs affecting the market’s economic growth?
- Are we seeing increased investor participation in the whole loan pass-through transactions?
- Are we seeing a bullish tone ahead for the consumer market?
- How have traditional markets such as auto lending developed? Can alternative data help this?
- Point-of-sale financing: Are specialty finance companies (termed out cost options) going to overtake the credit card route for individual business lines?
- How does the growth of digital banks impact fintech lending?
- Kalyan (Kal) Das, Partner and Head of the Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Practice Group, Seward & Kissel LLP
- Peter Renton, Founder, Lend Academy
- David Ehrich, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Alliance for Innovative Regulation
- David Kimball, Chief Executive Officer, Prosper Marketplace, Inc.
- Jeffrey Meiler, Chief Executive Officer, Marlette Funding
- Jillian Jaccard Murrish, Chief Executive Officer, Pier Asset Management
- Michael Weisz, Founder & President, YieldStreet
For more information, please click here.
Seward & Kissel is proud to be an Associate Sponsor of this event.