Anthony is Head of Seward & Kissel’s Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Group. He also is a member of the Firm’s Capital Markets and Corporate Securities Group, and is located in Seward & Kissel’s Washington, D.C. office. As member of S&K’s Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Group, Anthony has advised clients on a wide range of topics, including how to structure, issue and register tokens in ICOs, custody of both utility tokens and tokens that are securities, transfer and liquidity issues, and investments in crypto assets by funds and other investors. He has practiced in the capital markets area for more than 20 years, and he can draw on his skills in securities laws and regulations, financial services regulations and corporate governance to advise his clients on transactions from early-stage formation to going public. Anthony has advised clients in both public and private capital markets deals, and his clients include corporations, funds and other entities. He is one of the leading experts on physical precious metals funds. Anthony also has represented issuers and underwriters in filings with FINRA in connection with public offerings. He received his B.A. from California State University, Fullerton, and his J.D. from Harvard Law School.
Anthony has served as President of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of the Greater Washington, D.C. Area and as Secretary of the District of Columbia Bar. He is fluent in German. Anthony is also a contributor to Seward & Kissel’s Cryptocurrency and Blockchain blog, SKrypto.
Anthony was also named a 2022 Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and Fintech Trailblazer by The National Law Journal, being one of only 24 attorneys recognized nationally.
- Co-authored, “Herding a Bunch of Stoned Cats,” Seward & Kissel (September 20, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Christmas in July–Court Ripple Case Delivers Split Verdict Hailed as Victory by Ripple,” Seward & Kissel (July 18, 2023)
- Co-authored, “The Howey Test All-Star Lineup,” Seward & Kissel (July 11, 2023)
- Authored, “SEC Sues Binance and Coinbase, and Ten States Bring Actions to Enjoin Coinbase from Offering Its Staking Product,” Seward & Kissel (June 13, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Would the Last Cryptoexchange Leaving the U.S. Please Turn Off the Lights?” Seward & Kissel (April 18, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Our Next Feature Attraction: Securities & Exchange Commission v. Coinbase, Inc.” Seward & Kissel (March 24, 2023)
- Authored, “Silvergate,” Seward & Kissel (March 3, 2022)
- Co-authored, “The New Whopper: SEC Proposes New Safeguarding Rule Which Would Have Significant Impact on Advisers That Engage with Cryptocurrencies,” Seward & Kissel (February 24, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Fast and Furious: SEC Kracks Down on Kracken, Federal Regulators Choke Crypto, and DFS Wobbles Stablecoin,” Seward & Kissel (February 14, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Notice: Electronic Filing of Forms 144 with SEC,” Seward & Kissel (January 19, 2023)
- Co-authored, “CFTC Action Leaves Mushroom Cloud in Its Wake (Ooki Saga, Part I),” Seward & Kissel (October 24, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Down to the Wire: Citibank Wins Big in Revlon Appeal,” Seward & Kissel (September 13, 2022)
- Authored, “One Less Tornado to Worry About,” Seward & Kissel (August 9, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Federal Employees That Own Digital Assets Cannot Work on Regulations Affecting Their Digital Assets,” Seward & Kissel (July 19, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Celsius Suspends Withdrawals Amid Cryptocurrency Market Meltdown,” Seward & Kissel (July 19, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Seward & Kissel Attorneys Author Chapter in the International Comparative Legal Guide – Lending & Secured Finance 2022,” Seward & Kissel (April 7, 2022)
- Co-authored, “SEC Proposes Comprehensive Climate Change Disclosure Regulations,” Seward & Kissel (April 5, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Hoisted by Their Own Petard: Did Boilerplate Disclaimers Destroy the Deliberative Process Privilege Asserted by the SEC?” Seward & Kissel (February 23, 2022)
- Co-authored, “2021 Highlights from the Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Group,” Seward & Kissel (February 14, 2023)