Keith is a partner in and co-head of Seward & Kissel’s Capital Markets Group. His practice involves all aspects of corporate and U.S. securities law for domestic and foreign clients primarily in the shipping, offshore drilling and hedge fund industries.
Keith regularly represents large established public shipping and offshore drilling companies, as well as, private companies, institutional investors and money managers. He routinely advises clients on their growth and development and participates in a diverse array of transactions, including private and public securities offerings, dual listings and mergers and acquisitions. Keith’s experience also includes the completion of private equity financings, representing both the funds providing the capital and the companies seeking funding.
Keith also has experience assisting clients with corporate governance matters, ongoing securities law compliance, trading compliance policies and ‘34 Act disclosure documents, including annual, quarterly and current reports and proxy statements.
Prior to working at Seward & Kissel LLP, Keith served as a Vice President of Trading for Knight Capital Group. Keith is also a contributor to Seward & Kissel’s Maritime Blog.
Recent significant experience includes:
- Represented Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO) in connection with its entry into a definitive agreement to acquire up to 10 Suezmax Tankers from Trafigura Maritime Logistics in a cash and stock transaction valued at up to $675.3 million.
- Represented Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. (NASDAQ:EGLE) in connection with its private placement of $114.12 million aggregate principal amount of 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes due 2024 and related share borrow facilities.
- Represented FLEX LNG Ltd. (NYSE/OSE:FLNG) in connection with its cross listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Ocean Rig UDW Inc. (NASDAQ:ORIG) in connection with its merger with Transocean Inc. (NYSE:RIG), in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $2.7 billion, inclusive of Ocean Rig’s net debt.
- Represented Dynagas LNG Partners LP (NYSE:DLNG) in connection with its underwritten public offering of 2,200,000 of 8.75% Series B Fixed to Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units, liquidation preference $25.00 per unit.
- Represented Euronav NV in connection with its merger with Gener8 Maritime Inc., which created a combined entity with assets in excess of $4.0 billion.
- Represented Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with its merger with Navig8 Product Tankers Inc and its concurrent $200 million public offering of common shares.
- Represented Dynagas LNG Partners LP in connection with its $480.0 million Senior Secured Term Loan B facility due 2023.
- Represented Ship Finance International Limited in connection with a $230 million convertible note offering and concurrent share borrow facility.
- Represented TORM in connection with an exchange offer to implement a corporate reorganization and redomiciliation in the United Kingdom to facilitate dual listing in Denmark and potentially in the United States.
- Represented Euronav NV in connection with its $200 million initial public offering and its dual listing of common shares on the New York Stock Exchange and the Euronext Brussels.
- Represented Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with its initial public offering and other capital raising transactions resulting in gross proceeds in excess of $1.6 billion.
- Represented Scorpio Bulkers Inc. in connection with its initial public offering and other capital raising transactions resulting in gross proceeds in excess of $1.0 billion.
- Represented Seadrill Limited in connection with its listing on the New York Stock Exchange, its $1,000,000,000 5⅝% Senior Notes due 2017 and its $500,000,000 6⅛% Senior Notes due 2020.
- Represented North Atlantic Drilling Limited in connection with its $125 million initial public offering and U.S. listing of common shares, and its concurrent $600,000,000 6.25% Senior Notes due 2019.
- Represented numerous investors and issuers in private placement financing transactions, including PIPE transactions.