Ian Silver is counsel in Seward & Kissel’s Real Estate Group where he specializes in commercial leasing law and transactions. He has extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants in the leasing of all classes of commercial properties throughout the United States, including office, retail and industrial space.
In addition to the lease, Ian assists our clients through all facets of the leasing relationship, including brokerage agreements, subleasing and licensing, and lease restructuring and modification transactions.
Ian has advised some of the most active developers and owners of office buildings and retail condominiums in New York City and has represented numerous financial service providers and retailers with their regional and national expansions.
Ian is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Co-authored, “Fed Calls for Banks for Disclose Climate Change Risk Assessment,” Seward & Kissel (January 19, 2023)
- Co-authored, “Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 – Implications for Commercial Real Estate,” Seward & Kissel (August 4, 2022)
- Co-authored, “New York City PACE Program – Recent Developments,” Seward & Kissel (April 20, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Bracing for Impact: Local Law 97 and the NYC Commercial Leasing Market,” Seward & Kissel (July 27, 2021)
- Co-authored, “Proposed NY Mezzanine/Preferred Equity Tax,” Seward & Kissel (June 22, 2021)
- Co-authored, “The Year in Real Estate and What’s Ahead,” Seward & Kissel (December 22, 2020)
- Co-authored, “Proposed Legislation Would Impact Self-Storage Facilities in New York State,” Seward & Kissel (November 6, 2020)
- Co-authored, “Tax Implications of Rent Deferral Packages,” Seward & Kissel (May 13, 2020)