Lauri K. Goodwyn is Counsel in Seward & Kissel’s Corporate Finance Group. She joined the Firm in 2005.
Lauri has extensive experience representing both buy and sell side clients on a wide array of matters, including but not limited to (a) negotiating: (i) ISDAs and related confirmations; (ii) prime brokerage agreements, futures and options agreements, FX and credit intermediation agreements, term margin agreements, securities lending agreements such as MRAs, GMRAs, MSLAs, GMSLAs, tri-partite, control and custody agreements as well as other trading related documentation; (iii) employment agreements; (iv) electronic trading agreements; and (v) vendor, service and general commercial contracts; (b) implementing new businesses and product lines (including but not limited to FX intermediation- prime brokerage and a start up swaps business); (c) structuring trades; (d) advice relating to litigation, securities, futures and commodities issues, as well as Dodd Frank compliance, credit/risk and general corporate matters; and (e) advice relating to crisis management for hedge funds.
Prior to joining Seward & Kissel, Lauri was Deputy General Counsel, Senior Vice-President at Fimat USA, Inc., a registered broker-dealer and futures commission merchant. She also has worked at Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking, supporting its commodity division. Lauri has general commercial litigation experience (including two trials) before the state and federal courts located in New York as well as arbitration before commodity related exchanges.
- Lauri was elected to serve as the first Chief Operating Officer of the Hedge Fund Association in 2020 and currently serves in this capacity.
- Hedge Fund Association: Global Board Member; Regulatory Committee Co-Chair
- Seward & Kissel’s Women’s Initiative: Executive Committee Member
- Seward & Kissel’s Blockchain Committee
- New York City Bar Association- Women in the Legal Profession Committee Class of 2023; former member of Futures and Derivatives Law Committee
- Lauri is also a member of various ISDA committees.