Robert A. Walder is senior counsel in Seward & Kissel’s Corporate Finance Group. Bob has practiced at the Firm since 1978, and became a partner in 1987.
Bob specializes in the areas of corporate finance and asset securitization, with a particular emphasis on commercial paper financing. He frequently represents investment banking firms which act as dealers, placement agents and advisors, issuers, issuing and paying agents and credit enhancers in a wide variety of commercial paper financing programs including direct issued, credit supported and asset-backed commercial paper. Bob participated in the structuring of a number of the earliest asset-backed commercial paper programs and since that time has represented domestic and foreign bank clients and the special purpose conduits which they sponsor in connection with a wide variety of securitization transactions involving many diverse asset types including trade receivables, credit card receivables, equipment lease receivables, motor vehicle lease receivables, delinquent tax receivables, lottery award receivables, pharmaceutical receivables, oil and gas receivables and commercial loans.
Following the onset of the financial crisis, Bob was involved in the structuring and establishment of a number of the government initiatives designed to provide liquidity to the commercial paper, term asset and student loan markets. More recently, Bob has been involved in the structuring of certain of the new conduit programs developed in response to the regulatory and accounting changes that have arise in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
Bob is a member of the American Bar Association Section of Business Law and a number of the committees and task forces of the Structured Finance Industry Group.
- Co-authored, “Down to the Wire: Citibank Wins Big in Revlon Appeal,” Seward & Kissel (September 13, 2022)
- Co-authored, “2021 Highlights from the Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Group,” Seward & Kissel (February 14, 2022)
- Co-authored, “Delaware Bankruptcy Court Limits Recovery of Indenture Trustee’s Attorney’s Fees in Tribune Case,” Seward & Kissel (July 1, 2021)
- Co-authored, “2020 Highlights from the Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Group,” Seward & Kissel (May 12, 2021)
- Co-authored, “Agencies Encourage Banks to Transition from US Dollar LIBOR as IBA Announces That Publication of Key US Dollar LIBOR Maturities Will Extend to June 2023,” Seward & Kissel (December 1, 2020)
- Co-authored, “IBA Announces That It Will Consult on Plans to Cease Publishing Most Versions of LIBOR, Omitting US Dollar LIBOR,” Seward & Kissel (November 20, 2020)
- Co-authored, “Minority Noteholders’ Right to Sue for Payment Survives Strict Foreclosure,” Seward & Kissel (November 12, 2020)
- Co-authored, “LIBOR Update – New York Legislation,” Seward & Kissel (November 4, 2020)
- Co-authored, “LIBOR: A Legislative Solution?” Seward & Kissel (October 28, 2020)
- Co-authored, “Global Bank and Institutional Finance & Restructuring Practice Group 2019 Highlights,” Seward & Kissel (March 10, 2020)