Seward & Kissel assists clients in protecting their intellectual property rights through litigation in the courts, administrative proceedings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and arbitration in various dispute resolution forums. Seward & Kissel’s litigation experience includes disputes regarding trademarks, copyrights, and domain names and the enforcement and defense of trade secrets and non-competition agreements. With our expertise in intellectual property dispute resolution, we frequently assist our clients in resolving these disputes without resorting to court proceedings. Through the network of foreign attorneys with which we work globally, we assist our clients in protecting their intellectual property in almost any country around the world.
Seward & Kissel represents clients in many industries including financial services, pharmaceuticals, shipping, textiles, entertainment, jewelry, technology and furniture.
- Representation of numerous investment companies in trademark and copyright cease and desist matters
- Representation of global hedge fund in federal trademark infringement litigation
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Representation of software company in opposition proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Representation of global textile company in trademark cease and desist matters
- Representation of clients in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy and other proceedings against domain name cybersquatters
- Representation of clients in cases of attempted cybersquatting fraud and other internet crimes against them
- Representation of clients in federal copyright infringement litigations