Seward & Kissel’s M&A Practice Ranked as “Highly Regarded” in Chambers USA 2019
April 29, 2019
Seward & Kissel is pleased to announce that Chambers USA 2019 has ranked the Firm’s Business Transactions Group as Highly Regarded for Corporate/M&A in New York for a seventh consecutive year, with both of the Group’s co-heads, Jim Abbott and Craig Sklar, recognized as Leading Individuals. Additionally, partner Nick Katsanos was recommended as a “Recognised Practitioner.”
Summarizing its independent research, Chambers USA had this to say:
What the team is known for
- Particularly adept at sell-side and midmarket transactions. Recognized for its cross-border capabilities. Regularly handles deals involving European interests. Often advises clients working in investment management and the shipping industry.
- Clients report: “The service is fantastic; they are very commercial and provide great value for money.”
- Another says: “They’re very responsive and reasonable, and the advice is always geared toward practicality.”
- “The team was able to meet our very aggressive timeline, and at the same time they still managed to protect our interest at every turn,” another source comments.
- Advised Euronav on its merger with Gener8 Maritime.
- Craig Sklar offers substantial experience in M&A, joint venture deals and private equity transactions. One source says: “He is a terrific attorney who gives practical business advice. His strength is understanding our goals in every transaction and helping provide us with options.”
- James Abbott is a “hard-working, no-nonsense, down-to-earth lawyer with very good business acumen,” according to one source. He is active in M&A, private equity deals and joint ventures, with pronounced experience in the media and shipping industries.