Seward & Kissel’s M&A Practice Ranked as “Highly Regarded” in Chambers USA 2020
May 6, 2020
Seward & Kissel is pleased to announce that Chambers USA 2020 has ranked the Firm’s Business Transactions Group as Highly Regarded for Corporate/M&A in New York for an eighth consecutive year, with both of the Group’s co-heads, Jim Abbott and Craig Sklar, recognized as Leading Individuals.
Summarizing its independent research, Chambers USA had this to say:
What the team is known for
- Particularly adept at sell-side and midmarket transactions. Recognized for its cross-border capabilities. Regularly handles deals involving European interests. Often advises clients working in investment management and the shipping industry.
- Clients report: “Seward & Kissel is a very client-centered and hard-working law firm.”
- Another says: “Its lawyers work tirelessly and will do anything to get the deal done,” says a source.
- Acted for Ocean Rig UDW on its $2.7 billion merger with Transocean.
- Craig Sklar is well versed in M&A, joint ventures and private equity deals, with particular strength in investment management industry transactions. One client reports: “He is uniquely able to balance being a strong advocate for his client’s interests while working well with the other side. He is diligent, thoughtful and a terrific problem solver.”
- James Abbott is routinely engaged in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity deals. His client base includes entities active in the media and shipping industries.