Seward & Kissel’s Alternative Investment Allocator Survey analyzes the views of personnel who work at various types of investment allocators, irrespective of location or the amount of investable assets. Based on the number and variety of participants, we believe that the Survey results provide informative benchmarking data that will be useful as the industry emerges from the current environment.
- 41% of participants anticipate their firms to increase allocations to digital assets in 2022
- Co-investment vehicles, including special purpose vehicles, are of growing interest to investors
- Across all asset classes, the survey showed that allocators are also focused on operational due diligence, with 72% ranking background checks and references as “very important” in conducting their business.
- Investment process, at 93%, was overwhelmingly the most important consideration of survey respondents when their organizations source managers for allocations.
- More than 60% of respondents cited favorable fees as the most commonly sought-after term when negotiating side letters, though most favored nations clauses (MFNs), co-investment rights, and transparency/reporting rights are also sought-after by more than 40% of participants
To download a copy of the Survey, please complete and submit the form below.