Growth Equity/Venture Capital Resources
February 12, 2023
October 25, 2023
Attorneys in the Business Transactions Group routinely represent venture capital and growth equity fund sponsors, investors and companies with regard to both buy and sell-side venture capital transactions across all industries, including financial services, fintech, media, technology, medical device, healthcare, life sciences, biotechnology and consumer products. Our representation of both companies seeking financing and venture capital funds and other investors seeking to invest allows us to bring a unique perspective to our clients.
Our attorneys have significant experience representing clients throughout all stages of the investment life cycle, including:
- Angel and Series Seed Investments
- Convertible Debt
- Early, Late Stage and pre-IPO Venture Capital Rounds
- Liquidity Events
This experience allows us to negotiate and close venture capital transactions quickly and efficiently.
Set forth below is a representative list of some of our Venture Capital transactions. For more representative deals, please visit the Venture Capital Transactions Experience page.
- Represented private investment funds managed by Discovery Capital Management LLC in their role as a lead investor for a round of growth equity investments in Chinese fintech online payments company Ant Financial.
- Represented a private investment fund in connection with its late stage venture capital investments in Alibaba, Lyft, Social Finance and Uber.
- Represented ocular medical device developer Amblyotech, Inc. in connection with multiple growth equity and bridge note offerings.
- Represented healthcare focused private investment firm Casdin Capital in connection with its investments in dozens of healthcare companies, including as lead investor in equity financings for BioLife Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLFS), Codexis, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDXS), Genomatica, Inc., Tenaya Therapeutics, and Magenta Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented private equity firm Black Granite Capital in connection with its investments in healthcare and life sciences businesses, including its Series B investment in Jump Technologies, Inc., a medical device logistics company.
- Represented medical device focused private equity investment firm Cannondale Partners in connection with its Series C, Series D and Series E investments in Sonivate Medical, Inc., a medical device company which develops ultrasound probes for military and civilian applications.
- Represented Birlasoft Inc., a software solutions company, in connection with its organization and Series A Preferred Stock investment by GE Capital Equity Investments.
- Represented private investment funds managed by Scopia Capital Management LP in their role as lead investor for a round of growth equity investments in pediatric care provider PM Pediatrics, LLC.
- Represented venture capital fund Gather Ventures in connection with multiple growth equity investments, including its seed round investment in plant-based cheese producer Parmela Creamery.
- Represented private investment funds managed by RGM Capital, LLC in connection with their growth equity investments in Medallia, Inc.
- Represented cryptocurrency investment manager Benthos Capital LLC in connection with its organization and venture financing.