Seward & Kissel advises clients on both buy and sell-side private equity transactions. We have significant experience representing leveraged buyout, growth equity, private debt, venture capital, real estate and secondary funds with regard to:
- Debt Financing
- Joint Ventures
- Leveraged Buyouts
- Liquidity Events
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Portfolio Company Transactions
- Secondary Transactions
Our attorneys possess the expertise and experience necessary to advise and represent our clients through all phases of the investment cycle. They work closely with attorneys in the Firm’s other specialty practice areas to address issues involving tax, securities laws, employment and benefits, antitrust, intellectual property, real estate, litigation and government regulation.
Set forth below is a representative list of some of our Private Equity transactions. For more representative deals, please visit the Private Equity Transactions Experience page.
- Represented private equity firm BBRC Private Equity in connection with its investments in wellness brand Plant Therapy and in yoga studio operator Hot 8 Yoga.
- Represented private equity firm Kelso & Company in connection with its investment in Third Point Re, a Bermuda specialty property and casualty reinsurance company.
- Represented private equity firm Kudu Investment Management, in connection with its minority equity investments in investment management firms Creation Investments Capital Management, Versus Capital Advisors, TIG Advisors, Pennybacker Capital, Warwick Capital, Fair Oaks Capital, Champlain Investment Partners, West End Advisors, EJF Capital and Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough.
- Represented private equity firm Cathay Capital North America in connection with its investment in Artisanal Brewing Ventures’ strategic alliance transaction with craft brewers Victory Brewing Company and Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- Represented Ridgebury Tankers (which is a joint venture between management and private equity firm Riverstone Capital) in connection with a joint venture with Riverstone Capital and Tufton Marine to acquire 3 handysize oil tankers.
- Represented Constellation Advisers, LLC, a leading co-sourced and outsourced investment management service provider, in connection with its recapitalization led by private equity sponsor TZP Group.
- Represented private equity firm iM Global Partner, in connection with its minority stake investments in Dolan McEniry, Dynamic Beta Investments, Polen Capital, Scharf Investments and Sirios Capital Management.
- Represented educational software provider Rubicon in connection with an investment in the Company by private equity firm Quad Partners.
- Represented private equity firm KKR in connection with its acquisition of debt in Chembulk Tankers.
- Represented human capital management solutions provider CARCO Group, Inc. (now rebranded as Cisive) in connection with a recapitalization of the company led by private equity firm CIP Capital.
- Represented California-based PESCM, Inc. in connection with the sale of Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of Marin to Ethos Veterinary Health LLC, a veterinary health company backed by the private equity arm of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Represented Virtus Partners, a global market leader in technology-enabled, fixed income collateral administrative services and data on structured and non-structured transactions, in connection with the sale of a significant minority stake to private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners.
- Represented multi-channel commerce software vendor hybris AG in connection with a recapitalization led by private equity firm HGGC and related acquisition of Canada-based iCongo, Inc.
- Represented Parfums de Coeur, Ltd., the largest provider of mass-market fragrances in the United States, and its shareholders and managers in connection with the sale of the company in a buyout sponsored by private equity firm Yellow Wood Partners.