Seward & Kissel advises clients on both buy and sell-side private equity transactions. We have significant experience representing leveraged buyout, growth equity, private debt, venture capital, real estate and secondary funds with regard to:
- Debt Financing
- Joint Ventures
- Leveraged Buyouts
- Liquidity Events
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Portfolio Company Transactions
- Secondary Transactions
Our attorneys possess the expertise and experience necessary to advise and represent our clients through all phases of the investment cycle. They work closely with attorneys in the Firm’s other specialty practice areas to address issues involving tax, securities laws, employment and benefits, antitrust, intellectual property, real estate, litigation and government regulation.
Set forth below is a representative list of some of our Private Equity transactions. For more representative deals, please visit the Private Equity Transactions Experience page.
- Represented TechInsights Inc., the most trusted source of actionable, in-depth intelligence related to semiconductor innovation and surrounding markets, in connection with its acquisition of IC Knowledge LLC, a world leader in cost modeling of semiconductors. TechInsights is a portfolio company of Oakley Capital and CVC Growth Partners.
- Represented TechInsights Inc., the authoritative information platform serving the semiconductor and related markets, in connection with its acquisition of Strategy Analytics, Inc., a market analyst firm studying high value electronic products. TechInsights is a portfolio company of Oakley Capital and CVC Growth Partners.
- Represented Estancia Capital Partners’ portfolio company Reich & Tang Deposit Networks in its acquisition of Total Bank Solutions, a privately held financial technology firm that serves the needs of banks and wealth management organizations.
- Represented private equity firm Growth Catalyst Partners in connection with the formation of SilverAssist, a comprehensive senior assistance platform incorporating market-leading information, tech-enabled services, and lead generation serving the elder care market, and the initial acquisitions of Elderlife Financial Services, a financial concierge service helping identify the best way to pay for senior living, Care Changes, a complementary advisory service helping families find senior communities and customized care, and FamilyAssets, an information platform providing education, resources and community listings to help match families with senior living options.
- Represented private equity firm Growth Catalyst Partners in connection with the launch of Sigma7, a risk services company founded to support large organizations facing today’s dynamic environment of complex risks, and the initial acquisitions of Strategia Worldwide, focused on risk strategy, Paragon, a market leader in risk engineering services, and RWH Myers, forensic accounting and loss recovery experts.
- Represented Bob Segert, the CEO of athenahealth, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise software solutions for medical groups and health systems nationwide, in connection with the rollover of a portion of his equity and employment arrangements, in connection with the acquisition of athenahealth by affiliates of Bain Capital and Hellman & Friedman for $17 billion.
- Represented The Equine Network, the market leading tech-enabled membership services platform to the U.S. equine industry, in connection with its acquisition of The Horse, a provider of up-to-date, understandable and practical information on equine health, care, management and welfare.
- Represented private equity sponsor Estancia Capital Partners in connection with its investment in deposit network provider Reich & Tang Deposit Networks.
- Represented Marblegate Asset Management in connection with its strategic partnership with Investcorp.
- Represented Growth Catalyst Partners, a leading middle market private equity firm, and The Equine Network, the market leading tech-enabled membership services platform to the U.S. equine industry, in connection with the acquisition by The Equine Network of Spalding Laboratories, a leading provider of all-natural insect control services.
- Represented Growth Catalyst Partners, a leading middle market private equity firm, in connection with its acquisition of The Equine Network, the leading provider of proprietary sports content, information, and tech-enabled services to the U.S. equine industry.
- Represented the co-founders of Constellation Advisers, an industry leading U.S. co-sourced and outsourced investment management services provider, in connection with the sale of Constellation Advisers to investor services group IQ-EQ, a portfolio company of private equity firm Astorg.
- Represented Tri Print, LLC, a provider of turnkey packaging solutions specializing in premium pressure sensitive labels, shrink sleeves and flexible packaging, serving the personal care, health and beauty, natural products, nutraceuticals, and celebrity branding industries in connection with the sale of the business to Brook & Whittle, a leading provider of sustainable pressure sensitive and shrink sleeve prime labels.
- Represented Kennedy Lewis Investment Management, a leading opportunistic private credit investment management firm headquartered in New York City, in connection with a sale of a minority equity stake to Azimut Group, one of Europe’s largest independent asset managers, via its U.S. subsidiary Azimut Alternative Capital Partners.
- Represented private equity firm BBRC Private Equity in connection with its investments in wellness brand Plant Therapy and in yoga studio operator Hot 8 Yoga.
- Represented private equity firm Kelso & Company in connection with its investment in Third Point Re, a Bermuda specialty property and casualty reinsurance company.
- Represented private equity firm Kudu Investment Management, in connection with its minority equity investments in investment management firms Creation Investments Capital Management, Versus Capital Advisors, TIG Advisors, Pennybacker Capital, Warwick Capital, Fair Oaks Capital, Champlain Investment Partners, West End Advisors, EJF Capital and Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough.
- Represented private equity firm Cathay Capital North America in connection with its investment in Artisanal Brewing Ventures’ strategic alliance transaction with craft brewers Victory Brewing Company and Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- Represented Ridgebury Tankers (which is a joint venture between management and private equity firm Riverstone Capital) in connection with a joint venture with Riverstone Capital and Tufton Marine to acquire 3 handysize oil tankers.
- Represented Constellation Advisers, LLC, a leading co-sourced and outsourced investment management service provider, in connection with its recapitalization led by private equity sponsor TZP Group.
- Represented private equity firm iM Global Partner, in connection with its minority stake investments in Dolan McEniry, Dynamic Beta Investments, Polen Capital, Scharf Investments and Sirios Capital Management.
- Represented educational software provider Rubicon in connection with an investment in the Company by private equity firm Quad Partners.
- Represented private equity firm KKR in connection with its acquisition of debt in Chembulk Tankers.
- Represented human capital management solutions provider CARCO Group, Inc. (now rebranded as Cisive) in connection with a recapitalization of the company led by private equity firm CIP Capital.
- Represented California-based PESCM, Inc. in connection with the sale of Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of Marin to Ethos Veterinary Health LLC, a veterinary health company backed by the private equity arm of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Represented Virtus Partners, a global market leader in technology-enabled, fixed income collateral administrative services and data on structured and non-structured transactions, in connection with the sale of a significant minority stake to private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners.
- Represented multi-channel commerce software vendor hybris AG in connection with a recapitalization led by private equity firm HGGC and related acquisition of Canada-based iCongo, Inc.
- Represented Parfums de Coeur, Ltd., the largest provider of mass-market fragrances in the United States, and its shareholders and managers in connection with the sale of the company in a buyout sponsored by private equity firm Yellow Wood Partners.