Seward & Kissel’s Business Transactions Group represents entrepreneurs and other private business owners, as well as corporate and private investment fund clients, in connection with the sale of businesses in a wide variety of industries. In many cases, our clients have never participated in business transactions of this kind, and benefit from the extensive experience of our team to guide them through the process. The Firm’s Tax Department provides critical advice on tax planning and deal structuring, while the Business Transactions Group corporate lawyers leading these projects also rely on specialist colleagues from the Firm’s other departments to cover employment, employee benefits, real estate, intellectual property, government regulation and other aspects necessary for the transaction. Seward & Kissel has a stellar reputation among investment bankers and other participants in the private M&A industry, who regularly recommend our team, for smoothly and efficiently completing sell-side deals, while maintaining a constructive business relationship among the parties to the transaction.
Set forth below is a representative list of some of our Sell-Side M&A transactions. For more representative deals, please visit the Sell-Side Transactions Experience page.
- Represented Marblegate Asset Management in connection with its strategic partnership with Investcorp.
- Represented Tiedemann Advisors and TIG Advisors in connection with their business combination with Alvarium Investments Limited and Cartesian Growth Corporation (NASDAQ: GLBL).
- Represented the co-founders of Constellation Advisers, an industry leading U.S. co-sourced and outsourced investment management services provider, in connection with the sale of Constellation Advisers to investor services group IQ-EQ, a portfolio company of private equity firm Astorg.
- Represented Amblyotech, Inc., a US-based digital therapeutics company with a novel digital technology for the treatment of amblyopia, also known as “lazy eye,” in connection with the sale to Novartis, a leading global healthcare company.
- Represented TOPO Research LLC, a California-based marketing research and advisory firm, in connection with its sale to Gartner, Inc. (NYSE:IT).
- Represented Ocean Rig UDW Inc. (NASDAQ:ORIG) in connection with its $2.7 billion merger with offshore drilling contractor Transocean Ltd. (NYSE:RIG), creating one of the world’s largest fleets of offshore drilling rigs.
- Represented e-commerce solutions provider Media Hive in connection with its sale to global professional services company Accenture (NYSE:ACN).
- Represented California-based veterinary hospital Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of Marin in connection with its sale to national veterinary health company Ethos Veterinary Health.
- Represented Washington-based educational software provider Rubicon West, Inc. in connection with its recapitalization by private equity firm Quad Partners.
- Represented Work-Loss Data Institute, a leading provider of health care data and guidelines to the workers’ compensation industry, in connection with its sale to Hearst.
- Represented emerging markets investment adviser Emerging Global Advisors in connection with its merger with Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management group of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE:AMP).
- Represented C.W. Downer & Co., a global M&A investment bank and registered broker-dealer, in connection with its sale to European financial services firm Alantra Partners, S.A. (BME:ALNT).
- Represented tech-enabled human capital management solutions provider CARCO Group, Inc. (now Cisive) in connection with its sale to private equity firm CIP Capital.
- Represented financial examination training provider Securities Training Corp. in connection with its sale to The Colibri Group, a portfolio company of private equity firm Quad-C Management.
- Represented Constellation Advisers, LLC, a leading co-sourced and outsourced investment management service provider, in connection with its recapitalization by private equity firm TZP Group.
- Represented life insurer Cincinnati Equitable Life Insurance Companies in connection with its sale to Michigan Farm Bureau Financial Corporation.
- Represented multi-channel commerce software provider hybris AG in connection with its recapitalization led by private equity firm HuntsmanGay Global Capital.
- Represented Agrifos in connection with its sale of its fertilizer production facility in Pasadena, Texas, to Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. (NYSE:RNF).
- Represented London-based UBM plc (LSE:UBM.L) in connection with the sale of its electronics media portfolio to Arrow Electronics Inc. (NYSE:ARW).